Thursday, January 26, 2012

Get it Together Girl!

Okay, I admit it, I'm not the best at being organized. It doesn't really make a difference if we are talking about my business or my personal life, either way, I'm known to have a cloud of papers trailing behind me. What I will say, is that I do have a knack for creating order out of chaos, as a psychotherapist, you kinda need to be able to pull that one off, it's in keeping the order where I tend to fall short. But I am hopeful! I tend to think recognizing this about myself is half the battle. The other half? Being certain that I am a visual person. If I can't see it in front of me, it's hard for me to realize it's exists. Whatever organizational system I employ, it needs to honor the way I think, to stick.









Source: etsy.com via lisa on Pinterest



To get started on the right foot, I signed up for a series of free webinars featuring Productivity Strategist Joshua Zerkel of Custom Living Solutions and Willo O'Brien of Stitch Labs. (I'll be writing a much more detailed post about the webinar over on my IndieMade blog). For now, I'll say that the webinars ROCKED!! Tons of great information about getting organized and streamlining paper work and ideas to be more productive. Who doesn't love that? I was truly inspired! I got my to do list together in no time!


A few action items for this week. Sign up for:

  1. Outright
  2. Evernote
  3. Shoeboxed

So I've decided to give this whole "cloud" thing a try. If that sounds like I'm going against my mission to find an organizational method that honors my visual tendencies, you may be right. Still, I've had great success using Stitch Labs to keep track of all things Zelma Rose, so why not give it a try? Plus Outright, Evernote, Shoeboxed and Stitch, have super friendly and easy to use interfaces. I can find what I'm looking for easily and in a well designed and clean environment. I'm hoping that if I can see it on my mac, then maybe I won't need to destroy anymore forests. And to be honest, that trail of paper following me around everywhere, totally distracts from my faboo footwear.

Source: zara.com via lisa on Pinterest



I'll keep you updated on my new organizational safari. What are your go to tips for making order out of chaos?

xo

Lisa

2 comments:

  1. Organization and I are trying to become friends this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you Gina! Let's do it together!

    ReplyDelete