Monday, March 26, 2012

Remembering What Is Important

Found on Pinterest.
I am a crazy big time overachiever. I work a full time job at a non-profit, I do a lot of photoshoots, I blog for Awfully Grand, I post photos on my blog M-F, I organize the Success Squad, I Twitter, I Facebook, I Pin lots of stuff, I read tons of blogs, I keep up with my favorite photographer's blogs, and on and on and on. From time to time things get neglected like my wife, the dishes, laundry, my personal life, exercise, eating well and of course my cats. So, on this fabulous Monday morning I'd like to take a moment to stop and remember what is important.

Breathe in.


Breathe out.



Breathe in.

Breathe out.


Right now I'm sitting here with my eyes closed (well, I was a second ago anyway) and I'm thinking about how much love I have in my life. I remember how supported I am in all of my creative endeavors by my friends and family and I feel the well of creativity and energy inside of me filling back up. There it goes....filling all the way up to the top. My wife and sister joke that I do too much and one day I might burn out, but you know what? When you're doing something that you were meant to do and you're in touch with that creative spark - you'll be able to find tons of energy reserves.

So, in my moment of remembering what is important I think about my cats. Silly, perhaps, but they know where it is at - they are the perfect vehicle for me to stop doing what I'm doing, especially when they come sit on my chest, legs, or feet. I have to stop and be present with them. I love those moments where I can stop, pet my cats, and remember what is important....not because I have particularly want to, but because I have to.
This is Nigel. He will trip you to get attention. 
This is Fergus. The moment you start petting him he starts purring. 
What makes you stop and remember?

xo
SD

No comments:

Post a Comment