Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Power of a Handwritten Thank You Card

Source: npr.org via Sarah on Pinterest

Today on Awfully Grand we are going to talk about the power of a handwritten thank you card. I was inspired to write this post because of this article I saw on the New York Times. The title of it is, "A Stunning, New Social Media Tactic: Handwritten Notes". I do hope that the writer chose that title because they are poking fun at this 'new' trend. It is a good article though and I've been preaching about the power of a handwritten thank you note for a long time. I custom ordered some cute cards from Etsy that are on kraft paper and I send each one of my clients a thank you note after our shoot. My mom taught me to always send out a handwritten thank you notes and the tradition continues. I have a huge fetish for fancy stationery and ordering custom cards makes my heart sing. Wait until you see what I did for all of the mothers I've worked with for Mother's Day. Lisa and I cooked up something good and I hope they enjoy what we've put together. So, in honor of this new (yeah, right) social media trend - I've chosen a few of my favorite letterpress thank you cards from Etsy. I'm excited to run out of my current stack of cards, so I can order new ones. Enjoy!


Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest
Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest

How do you say thank you to your clients?

xo
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I don't have clients, but usually do my best to send handwritten notes. It is so nice to get real, mail.

    ReplyDelete