Thursday, May 3, 2012

Word To Your Mutha

Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest

Today's post is all about finding the perfect card to not only honor not only my mother, but all of the women in my life that have chosen to procreate and raise little rugrats. Kidding. I think being a mom is serious business! What a hard job and yet extremely rewarding at the same time.

That this year I'm going to do something special for all of the moms that I've photographed in the past year. There's an amazing group in the Bay Area called the Golden Gate Mother's Group and they keep referring me to each other. I am so grateful for that - I can't even being to express it! Never underestimate the power of a mother's recommendation. I have the utmost respect for mom and the ones I've met this year are beautiful shining stars! So, I headed over to Etsy to drool over Mother's Day cards! Here are the cards that I had such a hard time deciding between! Which one do you think I should pick?

Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest
Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest
Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest
Source: etsy.com via Sarah on Pinterest
Side note: I've never really publicly stated why I don't have kids before and all I can say is that when I was 23 I just kind of knew that I'd never be a mom. I'm super supportive to those that have them and I am like the best mother's assistant ever, but that path wasn't for me. I love photographing kids because they have this exuberance and innocence that can only be captured when they're little. Now, what's the key to being a good family photographer? Patience, a fast camera and usually a noisemaking toy of some sort in my other hand to get the kid's attention.

I certainly lucked out in the mom department! What will you be doing to honor your mother this year?

xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment