Friday, June 1, 2012

200 Yards Show at Rare Device & Collaboration

Later on tonight I will have my first ever piece in an art show. I collaborated with a wonderful local artist and whip smart lawyer, Kiffanie. We decided to participate in the next 200 Yards show occurring at Rare Device. The location is very sentimental to me because it is my old neighborhood.

I just love the challenge that the 200 Yards founders put to photographers for the show - you have to photograph something within 200 yards of where the show will be held. It is harder than you think especially because we didn't want to do the traditional 'street' photography.

We challenged ourselves by going up to Alamo Square Park and took some of these shots, but then Kiffanie saw this incredible wall and we photographed our arms (both are tattooed) and she cut up the photos and weaved them together. I haven't seen the piece in person yet, but I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!!

Here are some photos from Kiffanie and my adventure around Rare Device that didn't make the cut. You can probably see why, ha! I loved collaborating with Kiffanie and it taught me a lot because usually it is me approaching people to collaborate. Kiffanie was wonderful to work with and I hope we can work together more often! Have you ever collaborated with someone? How did it work out?

Hope you to see some of you tonight!










xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment