Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Zelma Rose Kicks Ass at Renegade Craft Fair 2012

When I was typing in the title of this blog I thought, for one second, this might be a bit dramatic or a slight exaggeration, but no, I'm standing by it - Zelma Rose kicked ass at Renegade Craft Fair 2012!! I was able to stop by her booth for a few minutes on Saturday before I headed up to Marin to photograph a wedding with Diana Rothery.

 Lisa's booth was wayyyyyy back in the back, but honestly, that's how I like to experience craft shows - go all the way to the back and then work my way forward. It sure gets uncomfortably crowded at the booths up in the front and I like to talk up my craft show peeps. Renegade this year was as great, if not better, than last year and I have some things to report - mustaches on anything and everything are a thing of the past!!! What I saw trending this year was simple geometric patterns, pops of color, people embracing fresh and bold typography as they have never have before and clean crisp branding was everywhere.

In past years, I have walked up to booths and been overwhelmed by everything they're selling, but this time around I could tell that crafters thought about editing down and only putting out their best and most interesting work. I went around with my camera and asked permission from all of the booths that I photographed, it is just good manners to do that, duh! Those photos and links to the crafter's websites will be included tomorrow, so you can get in touch with them and buy their wares. 


I'm sure that Lisa will eventually get around to posting about her experience when the dust has settled, in the meantime, feast your eyes on the most sophisticated and beautiful display Zelma Rose has ever put out there. 







Yes, she sewed a bow tie the day before the craft show! Really, Lisa, you're amazing. 




I want this phoenix cross stitch super bad.
If you don't own this journal yet, you should. Seriously, duh! 

Mint colored cross stitch is new this time around. 


Head back on Thursady for the rest of the Renegade Craft Fair photos.


All photos by me - Portraits To The People. 


xo
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment