Monday, August 6, 2012

My Self-Care Practices Suck

Fisherman on Flagler Beach
I'm blogging right now while on vacation and if you're wondering why, it is because my self-care practices suck. I'll be the first person to admit it too. This is something that I'm going to try to do better now that I'm officially self-employed, but I can't promise. I'd rather push through achy shoulders, exhaustion and sore wrists instead of taking time to get a massage, indulging in a bubble bath or unplugging and watching a movie. I think my self-care practices have sucked for a very long time because I've always been jealous of those people who take time away from the computer, work or refuse to do anything for their sanity. I can unplug for a bit, but with the new pressure of having to bring in enough money to pay my bills without that regular paycheck is causing a bit of panic. Can I do anything about it from Florida? Not really, but I can respond to client emails within a few hours of receiving them, I can schedule out my blog posts while my wife sleeps in and I can look engaged in social media even though I'm lounging on the beach.

So, I'm asking you, what do you do for yourself that you'd characterize as 'self care' cause I'm dying to know. I really need to add some more things to my to do list, ha! Here are a few photos I've taken since arriving - didn't bring my camera, these are iPhone only.
My wife, the expert crab meat extractor. 

Moon rise on the A1A through the screened in porch
Double exposure of the fence on the beach made with the app DXP
Happy Monday!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Honestly the gym. Exercising helps because my "must do more voice" gets heard and the adrenaline clears my head and helps with anxiety. Triple win

    ReplyDelete