Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Boundaries Are Classy

With Makeshift Society opening yesterday, we thought it timely to remind our readers that Sarah & I will be hitting the books to bring some of our favorite topics straight to you this October as instructors at Makeshift.

Source: thefancy.com via Lisa on Pinterest


I'll be teaching my first official class as part of Lisa Anderson Shaffer Consulting, my brand new gig providing psychologically minded business solutions. I'm so excited to talk about one of my all time favorite topics, boundaries.  If you are a loyal Awfully Grand reader, you know I love boundaries!  And even more, I love to talk about them.

At the core of my consulting services is the idea that the psychology of your business is a lot like gravity.  Just because you don't think about it doesn't mean it is not hard at work 24/7.  While it might sound deep and complicated, the psychology of your business is really about understanding what goes on in the relationships within your business.  Your interactions with clients, customers, and employees.  Sometimes simple things, like improving your communication, creating clear boundaries, and understanding when and where to expect fallout can really help keep your business moving smoothly.

In my Boundaries For Better Business Class, October 11, at Makeshift, I will be discussing the importance of  boundaries when it comes to your business.  We will examine why we need boundaries,why they are often so difficult to keep in place, and why they are oh so necessary to keeping your business strong and on track. I'll share with you how to better interact with challenging clients and employees, how to create language in printed materials and business communications that promote trust and clear boundaries, and when to bend, break, and move on.  We will talk about the science of your business, separating fact from feeling, and making informed decisions about clients and projects that seemed doomed from the get go.

This class is a great introduction to viewing your business as a living breathing thing with a psychology all of it's own.  Plus, it will be fun, I promise!

Registration is open so head on over to the Makeshift website.  Here's the link to register for my class.  I can't wait to see you there!

Got questions, I'm all ears.  Go ahead and comment below.

xo

Lisa

5 comments:

  1. Lisa, can't wait to take your class. I'm excited about hearing your perspectives about keeping boundaries tight with clients.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you will be there Sarah! I'm excited to get started :)

      Delete
  2. I cannot wait to take the class as well!! All signed up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hooray! So happy you are on board Shelly! It will be so nice to see some friendly faces :)

      Delete