Thursday, November 15, 2012

Hey, Let's Neighbor!

As you've read, this week has been all about the new, so what better time than now to share with you all my newest blog!  November 1 was the launch of an exciting new project over on Vivint.com called The Neighborhood, and I just happen to be one of it's newest contributors!!



In short, Vivint creates home automation systems that help organize and control home security and energy usage. As pat of their mission, Vivint wants to help us to rediscover what it means to be a neighborhood.  Get out there, meet our neighbors, support local businesses, join together and be a neighborhood again. Their project Let's Neighbor launched November 1 and is a blog chock full of fun and helpful tips that center around neighborhood themes.  Pick up downloadable thank you cards, learn how to start a community garden, resolve conflicts with neighbors, prep your house for the holidays, and learn all about the art of the carpool with my first post, start a neighborhood carpool! The resources are pretty impressive and Vivint has lined up a group of top notch bloggers to bring interesting and relevant content to the project. You can follow along with me on letsneighbor.com. We also added a button to the side bar of AG - it's that cute little orange n :)

I found out about Vivint through Alt Summit, as they are one of this year's sponsors, and really liked the concept of reintroducing the idea of the neighborhood.  Plus, the content allows me to write about all different kinds of topics and flex both my creative and psych muscles.  Which you all know I totally LOVE! Once I spoke with Vivint and learned more about the company and could feel their passion for what they do, I was kind of sold.  Ya know when something just feels like a good fit?

So here I embark on yet another collaboration...yes, us Awfully Grand girls really do walk the walk and talk the talk. It is exciting to be a small part of something new for a growing company, and I am looking forward to seeing how Let's Neighbor takes over the bloggosphere!! Wish me luck!

Happy Friday!

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment