Friday, November 9, 2012

Strategy TNT - A Presenters Perspective.


When Jennifer from Strategy TNT asked me to be the launching speaker of their new project, I was pretty excited!  A chance to geek out, strategize, and talk psych all at once?  I'm in!  As you know, we Awfully Grand girls just love collaborating, so I was really excited to talk more with Jennifer and hear her thoughts on what might make for a powerful presentation from her perspective.

Working with Jennifer was great!  Turns out she is completely and utterly awesome.  She had great ideas for how to market the talk and was able to take a lot of deep and complex materials and suggest ways that I can bring it all together.  Mind you, my last speaking gig was to a group of grad students and I had 3 hours to make my point.  The idea of  breaking down a relativity complex psychoanalytic concept into 20 minutes was both daunting and exhilarating.  One thing I learned is that to get something down to its essence, you need to really know your stuff.  It was a great reminder for me and really grounded me in my expertise.

The talk was great!  I was thoroughly impressed with the variety of questions.  There seemed to be a lot of ah ha moments, which is exactly what we were hoping for.  Mostly I was impressed with the variety of professionals in attendance.  Strategy TNT is really touching upon something with their mission of collaboration and cross pollination.  There is so much we can learn from each other when we take the time to think together on a single concept.  It was an exciting night and I can't wait to do it again!

Thanks to everyone who attended, tweeted, and sent the Lisa Anderson Shaffer Consulting message out into the stratosphere.  If you missed the event, video will be posted soon, and I am also teaching my Boundaries for Better Business Class November 29 at the Makeshift Society, where you can get a taste for some of my business strategy ideas.

Happy Friday!

xo

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment