Thursday, January 3, 2013

Year in Review for Sarah


The other day I was cleaning out my Pinterest account and before I deleted this board I had to take a screenshot of it and share it with you on my year in review post. The inspiration board I set up for 2012 was pretty spot on - I blogged, I made art, I had a very fulfilling year sharing my successes and failures with you all on Awfully Grand. And since I'm an Aquarius and things are always changing, this blog is going to change too - more on that later, but wanted to let you know that if you want to follow my trials and tribulations of being a small business owner, then come meet with me face to face at the Makeshift Society Success Squad. In 2013, I am going to be doing more face to face business stuff vs. just writing about it on the blog. I really want to help other female entrepreneurs succeed like I have, so coffee dates and meetings it is going to be! If you're not local and want to see what I'm up to, then please head over to my photography blog - I just migrated it over to WordPress and it is so much prettier now!

So, back to my year in review - 2012 was pretty awesome and as I was preparing my goals for 2013 I wasn't sure how I was going to top all of the success I had this year. Some of the highlights for me were collaborating with Lisa on this blog and with running the two Success Squads together, I was featured in Daily Candy twice (I died both times, so happy), I had photos in magazines like Curve & Forbes, I was personally in San Francisco Magazine twice, I photographed over 100 people's not-so-corporate headshots, I decided to focus my wedding photography solely on LGBTQ couples and my partner was able to quit her job and come work with me, so now we own a family business. Life has been incredibly good and I still can't believe I've only been shooting full time since August 1st.

One of the main reasons for my success, something we continually try to drill into you on this blog, is that I have a strong community of support and I have friends like Lisa that tell me the honest truth no matter what. Friends that tell you that everything you do are great, but it is the ones that really push you to try harder, to update that text on your website, that challenge you to create more dynamic packages, that dare you to send off that marketing pitch to the magazine are the ones that really are responsible for your growth. So, thanks to the ladies of the Success Squad and to Lisa for not being afraid to push me forward. I adore you all and can't wait to see what we do in 2013.

Ok, Lisa, it is your turn. And um, I can't believe that we blogged for the entire 2012 - sounded like a pretty nutty idea when we talked about it in 2011, but we did it, we freaking did it! Woohoo!

xo
Sarah

1 comment:

  1. Sarah YOU ROCK! Looking back I can't believe 2012. What a year. So many dreams that seemed completely crazy have come to fruition. It has been so much fun cheering you on and having you by my side as we grow together. I can't wit to see what 2013 brings!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete