Monday, January 7, 2013

Zelma Rose: A Year in Review

Source: etsy.com via Lisa on Pinterest


It all started with a desire to DO WHAT YOU LOVE AND LOVE WHAT YOU DO.

Last year at this time, Sarah and I held our first Success Squad Meeting.  I remember introducing myself to members and saying that I was going to give this crazy Zelma Rose thing a try.  If it didn't work, that was okay, I was a mom, which is what I had always wanted to be, and I would find something else to do, or go back to my private practice if ZR went bust.  Looking back that seems so insane!  I can't believe how much Zelma Rose has grown in the past year.  It is no longer a matter of making it work!  A year later, ZR has become a team.  I added a publicist, a rep, and hopefully will soon add an intern to the mix.  Business has been growing and there are already so many exciting surprises on the horizon for 2013.

There are so many moments in 2012 that stand out, but the highlight by far was being chosen as a Martha Stewart American Maker Finalist.  As you know, I am just crazy for Martha and to be recognized by her team as a skilled designer still gives me chills!  While selling at Renegade Craft Fair this past holiday, I had a handful of customers tell me they saw my profile on Martha Stewart and wanted to come meet me in person.  What fun!  Also thrilling was to be part of the Makeshift Society spread in San Francisco Magazine and to get a mention in the Chronicle!!

On a personal note, getting to know Sarah and sharing this journey with her has been life changing.  We are crazy and it totally shows.  Deciding to partner up for a year of writing and truth telling when we had known each other for a minute?! Sure, why not? It's been awesome to be a sounding board for Sarah and now one else tells it like it is when it comes to the good the bad and the ugly.  I hope for all of us that we can find meaningful business friendships and relationships in 2013. This journey is a lot more fun when shared with friends.

As we begin 2013 there are so many exciting things on the horizon for ZR and myself.  Sarah and I are continuing to work together in new ways, Zelma Rose continues to grow and I look forward to starting the year firmly cemented in my role as as a designer and business woman.  It has been a lot of hard work, crazy hours and dedication.  It wouldn't even be possible without my family and friends cheering me on, calling me on my bullshit, and reminding me that this is who I am.  It has been an honor to share the journey of the past year with all of you. I look forward to 2013 being a successful year for all of us!

Here's to SUCCESS!

xo

Lisa


No comments:

Post a Comment